This raw cheesecake is to live for, a delicious dessert with health benefits – yes please! This dessert has a zingy kick and the citrus and ginger work really well together. This raw dessert is truly an immunity booster.
Raw Lemon and Ginger Cheesecake [Vegan, Grain-Free]
Ingredients You Need for Raw Lemon and Ginger Cheesecake [Vegan, Grain-Free]
To Make the Base:
- 1 1/2 cup nuts (Reccommended mix of almonds and macadamias)
- 1 cup Medjool dates (pitted)
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh grated ginger
- 1 pinch of Himalayan salt
To Make the Filling:
- 2 1/2 cups cashews (soaked for 3-4 hours)
- 1 cup medjool dates soaked in warm water for 15 mins (pitted)
- 3 tablespoons fresh grated ginger
- 2 lemons (juiced)
- 2 tablespoons of lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon natural vanilla essence
- 4 tablespoons coconut oil
How to Prepare Raw Lemon and Ginger Cheesecake [Vegan, Grain-Free]
- Blend all the ingredients for the base together for about 45 seconds or until it is well combined. It will become a dough like texture.
- You will need a round spring form cake tin, pour the mixture in the tin and with your fingers push down until all the base is covered.
- Place in freezer for 1 hour.
- Place all ingredients for the filling into blender or food processor and blend for about 45 seconds or until the mixture is well combined.
- Take the base out the the freezer and pour the filling on top of the base, smooth over the top with a icing knife.
- Place back in freezer for about 3-4 hours.
- Take the cheesecake out the the freezer and with a knife go around the sides making sure it’s not sticking.
- Carefully take the cheesecake out of the tin and place on a cake plate.
- You can use any topping you desire! I used lemon zest, grated ginger, and pistachio nuts.
- Store in freezer.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Total Calories: 3,843 | Total Carbs: 156 g | Total Fat: 322 g | Total Protein: 108 g | Total Sodium: 2,400 mg | Total Sugar: 56 gNote: The information shown is based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.