Juicing is a wonderful way to get your daily recommendation of fruits and vegetables, however, there is one downside: wasted juice pulp. That is unless you have a recipe that uses juice pulp like these crackers! That's right, these crackers are made with juice pulp, chia seeds, flax meal, tamari, spices, and water. The result is a crunchy, sturdy cracker that is perfect for dipping.
Raw Juice Pulp Crackers [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
Ingredients You Need for Raw Juice Pulp Crackers [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 2 big cups of juice pulp
- 1 big tablespoon chia seeds
- 1/2 cup flax meal or flaxseeds
- 3 tablespoons tamari or coconut aminos
- 1 teaspoon dried chopped parsley
- A big dash of turmeric
- 1 teaspoon dried chopped oregano
- Black pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup water
How to Prepare Raw Juice Pulp Crackers [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- Blend all the ingredients except for the water in a food processor. Add just a tiny bit of water, slowly, while the food processor is running. Just enough so the pulp will be easy to spread, but it should not be too watery. The amount of water depends on the juicer you juice and on how dry or wet the pulp is.
- If you have a food dehydrator, place the mixture on the dehydrator sheet and spread evenly. Cut into squares with a knife and then dehydrate the crackers at 118°F for about 4 hours, flip, and then dehydrate for another 4 hours. The crackers are done when they are crunchy.
- If you do not have a food dehydrator, preheat your oven to 320°F. Spread the mixture thinly on a parchment-lined baking sheet and cut squares when spread evenly. Place in the oven and bake for about 40-50 minutes, flipping at the halfway point. The crackers are done when they are dry and crispy.
Keep the crackers in an airtight container on a dry cool place.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.