Love creamy pasta dishes – the raw way – and my fave is this creamy spinach mushroom pasta!! If you have never tried it before, you may be in for a surprise. Feel free to change the herbs, leave out or even change the veggies if you are not into mushrooms. You could use red peppers, zucchini or kale, for example.
Raw Creamy Spinach Mushroom Pasta [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 4 – 6 thinly sliced mushrooms, sprinkled with Salt and 1 tbsp Olive oil
- 1-2 cups fresh spinach
- 1 large zucchini
- 1/2 cup raw cashews
- 1/2 tsp Himalayan salt
- juice of 1 lime
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/4 cup water – to start, you may need to add more water slowly
- 4 big basil leaves (or other herb)
- Adjust all the amounts to taste – you may like it with more garlic or basil, or thinner (more water)
- Stir mushrooms together with salt and olive oil and set aside.
- Throw all ingredients in a Vitamix or other high powered blender and blend sauce ingredients until smooth and desired consistency.
- Cut up the spinach and stir in with the mushrooms.
- Peel and cut the ends off of one Zucchini and create noodles using a Spiralizer or any other method to get the desired noodle shape.
- Create the noodles, put onto a plate, add the mushrooms and spinach and top with the creamy sauce.
- Garnish with finely chopped basil on top. Enjoy