Summertime means peak mango season. And what better way to make use of this gorgeous fruit than with a beautiful tart?! Crunchy walnut crust, creamy coconut filling, and juicy mango slices on top? Sounds like a delicious summer treat to us!
Raw Coconut Mango Tart [Vegan]
For the Crust:
- 1 cup Medjool dates
- 1/3 cup walnuts
- 1/4 cup finely shredded coconut
- 2 teaspoons coconut oil
For the Filling:
- 1 1/2 13-ounce cans coconut milk, just the cream on top, refrigerated for at least an hour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- A squeeze of lemon juice
- 2 mangoes, thinly sliced
- Soak dates for a few minutes in warm water if hard. Add all crust ingredients to food processor and process. Be sure not to over-process, otherwise the mixture will become too sticky. Press the crust into a tart pan and refrigerate the crust while making filling.
- To separate the coconut cream from the milk, open the can and carefully remove the hardened cream on top.
- Mix the coconut cream until it's smooth, then add vanilla. Spoon the coconut cream mixture into the tart pan with the crust. Refrigerate for approximately 10 minutes so that it will harden enough to hold the mango slices.
- Arrange the mango slices in a circular motion towards the center. Slice and serve.