This recipe is quick and easy, not to mention that they taste like dessert! These raw chocolate zucchini bread are the perfect snack to take on-the-go!
Raw Chocolate Zucchini Bread [Vegan, Raw]
- 2 medium zucchinis, shredded
- 2 cups quinoa flakes
- 2 cups dried fruits
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup raw cacao powder
- 2 teaspoons maca powder
- pinch of sea salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup psyllium husk
- 1/3 cup raw cacao nibs
- Add quinoa flakes to a food processor and pulse a few times until they are coarsely chopped.
- Add dried fruits of your choice, cinnamon, raw cacao powder, maca powder, sea salt, vanilla extract and process until the mixture is mixed well. You don’t want the mixture to be super fine as it’s better to retain some texture in the zucchini bread.
- Remove the mixture from the food processor and transfer them into a large mixing bowl. Add shredded zucchini, shredded coconut, psyllium husk and raw cacao nibs.
- Using your hands, mix until everything is incorporated and evenly distributed. The mixture may seem a bit dry at first, but the water from shredded zucchini will help bind everything together. If the mixture is still too dry after you mixed everything together, add little bit of water (1 tablespoon at a time) until it forms a dough.
- Measure out 1/4 cup of mixture, form into a small dome. Place it on the dehydrator tray. Continue until you have used up all the dough.
- Dehydrate at 104°F for around 5 hours, until the surface is dry and the zucchini bread is bouncy when slightly pressed. You can dehydrate it for a longer time for longer shelf-life.
You can also use buckwheat, oats, almonds, walnuts, or even tigernuts. They all work great You can freeze these for up to a month and they keep in the fridge for about a week.