When you're wanting a delicious raw dessert, try out this cake! It's chocolatey and with the homemade ganache drizzled over top, it's chocolate heaven. Feel free to add the suggested toppings, or any of your favorites.
Raw Chocolate Brownie Cake [Vegan, Raw]
For the Brownie Cake:
- 20 medjool dates
- 1/2 cup ground walnuts
- 1/2 cup ground almonds
- 4 tablespoon cacao powder
- 1/2 teaspoon vanila powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 tablespoon coconut oil optional
For the Ganache Frosting:
- 10 dates
- 4 tablespoons of cacao powder
- 1 1/2 tablespoon of coconut oil
For the Optional Toppings:
- 1/2 cup strawberries
- 1/3 cup coconut flakes
For the Raw Chocolate Cake:
- Place the dates in the food processor and process until small bits remain.
- Add the ground walnuts, almonds, cacao powder, vanilla powder and a pinch of salt. Process again until it turns to a sticky dough.
- If the mixture does not hold together, simply add more dates.
- Add the mixture into a greased parchment lined cake pan (9" cake pan works perfectly). Press the mixture down with hands to make it flat and evenly distributed.
- Place the pan in the freezer for 10 minutes.
For the Ganache:
- Place the dates to the food processor until it looks very sticky and smooth.
- Add the cacao powder and coconut oil and process again.
- Take the cake pan out of the fridge and add the ganache on top. Distribute it evenly and make sure it looks perfectly flat.
- Place the pan back to the fridge for an hour.
- Add some strawberries and coconut flakes on top before you serve(optional)