The classic popular dessert of carrot cake is given a raw interpretation for this delicious recipe. Healthy whole foods are mixed with cinnamon, ginger and turmeric to recreate all the flavors of carrot cake without the processed sugar and flour.
Raw Carrot Cupcakes with Orange Vanilla Cream Frosting [Vegan]
For the Raw Cupcakes:
- 3 cups shredded carrot
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 1 1/2 cup pitted dates
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Slice of fresh ginger
- Dash of turmeric
For the Orange Vanilla Cream Frosting:
- 3 oranges freshly squeezed
- 2 cups raw cashews, soaked
- 1 cup dates
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Peel and grate carrots in the food processor. Alternatively, you can use the carrot juice pulp.
- Add walnuts, dates, cinnamon, ginger, turmeric and process until well combined.
- Press this mixture into the cupcake liners and refrigerate while making the frosting.
- Blend all frosting ingredients. Chill the frosting for 20 min.
- Spread the frosting onto cupcakes using a pastry bag.
- Experience pure joy!