You’ve got to try these — we're becoming bigger fans of chocolate + cardamom with every new recipe we try. It’s a flavor combination that is highly underrated.
Raw Cacao and Cardamom Cream Tartlets [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the Crust:
- 1 cup raw buckwheat
- 2/3 cup dates, pitted and roughly chopped
For the Cream Filling:
- 1 cup coconut cream
- 3 tablespoons raw cacao powder
- 1-2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- Grind the raw buckwheat into a coarse flour in the food processor or high-speed blender. Add the chopped dates and blend again until both ingredients form a sticky dough.
- Press this dough into 4 small tartlets tins (roughly 5 inches wide). Make sure the dough is evenly pressed into the bottom and sides. Refrigerate until needed.
- In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together all the ingredients for the coconut cream filling. Pour into the four individual pie tins and refrigerate until set, at least 6 hours or overnight.
- Sprinkle over a few cardamom seeds or dust with ground cardamom before serving.