Raw. Vegan. Brownies. Need I say more? Delectable raw brownie bites, filled with nutritional goodness, that everyone will love! I took these bad boys to a potluck. Not a vegan potluck mind you. A potluck which included mostly omnivores, though they were all interested in whole foods and each brought a yummy homemade dish. These raw brownie bites were a real hit! They're easy to make and fun to eat! Who wouldn't love them? Okay, I said more. Now I’m done. Healthy trails!
Raw Brownie Bites [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1 cup tightly-packed, pitted medjool dates (see notes)
- ½ cup raw cocoa powder
- ¼ cup raw coconut nectar (or raw liquid sweetener of your choice)
- 1 TBS ground flax + 3 TBS water
- 1 tsp vanilla bean powder
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- ¼ cup cacao nibs (optional)
- Combine the flax with the water and set aside while you gather the rest of your ingredients.
- Place all ingredients, except the nuts, cacao nibs and flax mixture into a food processor and pulse until combined. It will look like chocolate bread crumbs when it's done.
- Add the flax mixture and pulse some more. It will form into a sticky ball that holds together when pinched.
- Transfer to a bowl and stir in the chopped walnuts and cacao nibs. I used my hands to mush it all together because the dough is quite stiff.
- Use a small ice cream scoop to form the bites. It works great! If you don't have one, simply shape them with your hands into about 1½" balls.
- Top with a little cocoa powder and some extra nibs.
Make sure your dates are soft and moist. If they are too hard, soak them for a couple of hours. Otherwise, they will be difficult to process.