Chocolate and coconut — what a wonderful combination! This raw cake is for all fans of Bounty bars. The grain-free base is made from dates and nuts, the light and flakey filling is made from coconut and creamy coconut milk, and it's topped with a luscious layer of dark chocolate. Yum!
Raw Bounty Cake With Chocolate Ganache [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
Ingredients You Need for Raw Bounty Cake With Chocolate Ganache [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the Base:
- 1 cup raw nuts of choice, soaked for minimum 2 hours
- 3/4 cup dates, pitted and chopped and soaked for at least 1 hour
For the Bounty Layer:
- 4 cups coconut flakes
- 1 cup coconut milk, plus more as needed
- 3 tablespoons coconut blossom syrup
For the Chocolate Glaze:
- 4 squares raw vegan chocolate
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
How to Prepare Raw Bounty Cake With Chocolate Ganache [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
To Make the Base:
- In a food processor, blend the nuts and dates. The "dough" should be slightly lumpy.
- Press the dough into the base of a 7-inch springform pan.
To Make the Bounty Layer:
- Clean your food processor. Combine coconut flakes, coconut milk, and coconut blossom syrup in the food processor and leave to stand for 10 minutes. If the mixture is too dry, add more coconut milk. Refrigerator for a minimum of 2 hours.
To Make the Chocolate Glaze:
- Melt the chocolate with the coconut oil in a double boiler.
- Remove the cake from the springform pan. Cover with the chocolate and keep it cold until the chocolate is firm.
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.