Make the most of your fresh blueberries with this refreshing raw cake! Creamy vanilla cashew cheesecake is studded with blueberries and sandwiched between a crumbly cashew-coconut base and crust. Bound together with dates and sweetened lightly with agave, this sweet dessert is nice and dense straight out of the freezer or can be left out for a creamier bite.
Raw Blueberry Oat Crumble Cake [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the Crust and Crumble:
- 1 cup cashews
- 1 cup coconut flakes
- 8 dates
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla powder
- A pinch of salt
For the Cheesecake Filling:
- 2 cups soaked cashews
- 1/2 cup agave nectar
- 1/4 cup lemon juice, plus zest from 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
For the Crumble:
- 1/4 mixture from the crust
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
To Make the Crust:
- Process all ingredients in a food processor, start by processing the nuts and the coconut flakes until roughly chopped. Add the rest of the ingredients and process until a firm. Set aside 1/4 of the mixture and form a crust with the 3/4 of the mixture in the bottom of a spring pan.
To Make the Cheesecake Filling:
- Blend all ingredients in a high-speed blender (except the coconut oil and fresh blueberries) until it's really smooth. Add the coconut oil in liquid form at the very end and blend for a few more seconds.
- When the cheesecake filling is ready, add the whole fresh blueberries without blending, stir gently and pour the mix into the springform pan.
- Add the cinnamon to the remaining crumble and sprinkle it on top of the cake.
- Move the cake to the freezer and let it set for 3-4 hours.