This decadent ice cream cake is fully awesome. It’s loaded with all the best things — vanilla bean, cacao, nuts, hemp seeds, young coconut meat, berries and of course, bananas! From birthday parties to backyard barbecues, this cake is sure to be a hit.
Raw Banana Split Ice Cream Cake [Vegan]
For the Crust:
- 3/4 cup date paste
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 1/2 cup hemp seeds
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted over a double boiler
- A pinch sea salt
For the Filling:
- 1 package frozen coconut meat
- 2 1/2 cup soaked raw cashews, soaked for 2-6 hours, then drained
- 1 vanilla bean, split and seeds removed
- 1/2 cup cocoa butter, melted over double boiler
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted over double boiler
- 1/2 cup agave nectar
- A pinch of sea salt
- 2 bananas, sliced
- 1/2 cup cacao nibs
For the Berry Layer:
- 1 cup mixed frozen berries
For the Chocolate Layer:
- 2 tablespoons raw cacao powder
- In a high-powered blender or food processor, add the date paste, walnuts, hemp seeds, coconut oil and a pinch of salt. Pulse until evenly combined.
- Press crust into a 10-inch springform pan (or smaller for a taller cake) and pop it in the refrigerator or freezer while you make the filling.
- For the filling. Add coconut meat, soaked cashews, vanilla bean seeds, cocoa butter, coconut oil, agave nectar, and sea salt. Blend until super smooth and pour 1/3 of filling on top of the crust. Top with a few banana slices and a sprinkle of cacao nibs.
- Pop the cake back in the refrigerator or freezer for the first layer to set slightly.
- Pour 1/2 the remaining filling into a bowl and set aside.
- For the berry layer, add 1 cup frozen berries of your choosing to the filling and blend until smooth. Pour over top of the vanilla layer and top with more sliced bananas and cacao nibs.
- Pop it back in the refrigerator or freezer to set slightly.
- For the chocolate layer, add the remaining filling back into the blender with 2 tablespoons cacao powder and blend until fully incorporated. Pour over the berry layer and top with the remaining sliced bananas and cacao nibs.
- Freeze for at least 2 hours and serve.