My biscotti ended up still quite soft but you can choose to dehydrate (or bake if you don't care about keeping it 100% raw) them longer if you want that crunch that is a defining feature of the original. Up to you, as always. The almond flour was quite a treat to use, it made the biscotti taste kind of like marzipan, which I adore.
Raw Chocolate and Nutmeg Biscotti [Vegan]
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup dates
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup water, as needed
- Spices, if desired
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon cacao powder
- 1 tablespoon melted coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon coconut nectar
- Coconut powder
- Pulse all the ingredients together in a food processor until it begins to stick together.
- Shape into a rounded, flattened log and dehydrate for about 4-6 hours or until it is the texture you want. Alternatively you can use your oven at its lowest temperature.
- Mix all the ingredients together until smooth.
- Drizzle onto your sliced biscotti cookies, then top with grated nutmeg, coconut, and lemon rind shavings.
- Serve with tea.