Quick and easy, this ratatouille spaghetti takes under 30 minute to make, is packed full of veggies, plus it’s healthy, vegan and gluten-free optional. It is super filling, satisfying and comforting with so much delicious flavor. If you are trying to get more vegetables in to your diet, then this Ratatouille Spaghetti is a perfect recipe for you.
Ratatouille Spaghetti [Vegan]
- 1/2 onion, quartered
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1 medium zucchini
- 1/2 eggplant
- 1 red pepper, quartered
- 1 x 14-ounce can chopped tomatoes
- 2 cups boiled water
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 servings of dried spaghetti (gluten free if necessary)
- 1 tablespoon chopped basil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook spaghetti according to instructions.
Heat a grill or grill pan to medium-high.
Working in batches if required, lightly brush vegetables with 2 tablespoons oil, season with salt and pepper, and grill, turning occasionally, until browned.
Transfer vegetables to a cutting board once slightly cooled, roughly chop vegetables.
- Add the vegetables to a pan with chopped tomatoes, cooked spaghetti and a bit of water if neccessary.
Bring to a boil then simmer for 10 minutes until the pasta is cooked and the sauce has thickened.
Stir in the chopped basil and add salt and pepper, to taste.
Serve and enjoy!