The coolest ever vegan cake! The cake is vibrant and fun in blue, green, yellow and red. The cream is a delicate vanilla. You'll want to dig in right away!
Rainbow Cake [Vegan]
- 17 1/3 ounce flour
- 12 1/3 ounces sugar
- 1 1/3 tablespoons baking powder
- 17 1/3 ounce water
- 7 ounces sunflower oil
- Vegan food colors (blue, green, yellow, red)
- 8 ounces soy milk
- 1 ounce vegan custard powder
- 5 1/3 ounces vegan margarine or vegetable fat
- 2 3/4 ounces icing sugar
- Vegan sugar sprinkles
- Prepare four baking pans with a diameter of 6 inches.
- Mix the dry ingredients (flour, sugar, baking powder). Stir in water and sunflower oil with a whisk. Divide the finished batter evenly into four small bowls.
- Color each bowl of dough with one food coloring each. To do this, dip a toothpick into the paint and brush it with the dough. Then stir with a spoon until the color stirs in evenly and the dough is nice and colorful.
- Pour the four colored doughs into the bakeware. Bake at 350°F for about 30 minutes. Allow the cakes to cool completely and then cut evenly with a large knife so that all four trays have the same height.
- Bring the soy milk and custard powder to a boil while stirring until the mixture thickens to a pudding. Transfer the finished pudding to a bowl and allow to cool completely with regular stirring. Stirring prevents the pudding from forming a skin.
- Beat the margarine with icing sugar until frothy. Mix the two together in in portions until you can mix it all together.
- Stack the colorful cakes, each with a layer of vanilla frosting: red, cream, yellow, cream, green, cream, blue. Freeze for 15 minutes or refrigerate for 30 minutes. Do not leave the vanilla frosting cold otherwise it will be too firm! It finally goes on: generously coat the cake with the remaining frosting.
- Now pour the colorful sugar sprinkles into a large bowl. Hold the cake in one hand and cover the cake completely with sprinkles with your other hand. The excess crumbles fall back into the bowl and can thus be reused. Finally, sprinkle the top side.
- Keep the cake cold overnight so it can be perfectly cut.
- Rainbow Recipes