Summer quinoa salad with dijon vinaigrette. A simple salad made with quinoa, tomatoes, cucumbers and fresh summer herbs. Stir in a zesty Dijon vinaigrette for a delicious and light summer meal.
Quinoa Salad with Garlic Dijon Vinaigrette [Vegan]
For the Quinoa Salad:
- 1 cup quinoa, dry
- 1 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 3 cups English cucumber, diced
- 1 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/3 cup green onion, sliced
For the Garlic Dijon Vinaigrette:
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice (about 1 large lemon)
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 2 teaspoons dijon mustard (or prepared mustard)
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 small garlic cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Cook Quinoa: Rinse quinoa under a fine mesh sieve if desired. Add to a small saucepan with 2 cups of water. Bring to a boil, then simmer covered for 15 minutes or until the water has been absorbed. Let it cool.
- Prepare the dressing: In a blender, add all the vinaigrette ingredients. Blend until smooth.
- Add tomatoes, cucumber, parsley, and green onion to a medium bowl. Add the cooled quinoa and dressing. Toss it all together until combined. Serve warm or cold.