These delicious gluten-free quinoa potato cakes with a rich tomato sauce are a perfect combination. Not only is the presentation beautiful, they are delicious and healthy, perfect for any occasion. The quinoa and potato work together in this recipe to make this dish a hearty, yet not too filling dish.
Quinoa Potato Cakes in Tomato Sauce [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
Ingredients You Need for Quinoa Potato Cakes in Tomato Sauce [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the Potato Cakes:
- 2 pounds large potatoes, cooked and peeled
- 1/2 pound cooked red and white quinoa
- 2 teaspoons salt
- A dash of pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
For the Sauce:
- 1 medium-sized onion
- 6 sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 1/2 14.5-ounce cans diced tomatoes
- 1 1/2 tins of water (use the empty tomato can)
- 1/2 cup olives
- 1 large glass red wine
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- A dash of pepper
- 1 vegetable stock cube
- Sea salt
How to Prepare Quinoa Potato Cakes in Tomato Sauce [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- Cook large potatoes until soft.
- In the meantime finely chop 1 onion and the sun-dried tomatoes and fry both in a pan.
- Chop the olives and add to the mix together with all other tomato sauce ingredients and cook for at least 30 minutes.
- Once the potatoes are cooked, cool them down in cold water and peel them.
- Preheat your oven to 400°F. Add all potato cake recipe ingredients into a large bowl and combine well with your hands until you get a dough-like texture. Spoon the mix into baking rings and place the small cakes onto a baking tray that's covered with baking paper. If you don't have baking rings, no problem, just form round patties. Sprinkle some oil on them and bake in the oven for 30 minutes.
- Once they are done, sauté the spinach in olive oil with a bit of garlic and salt.
- Plate the dish with tomato sauce first, then add a cake, the spinach, and then place another quinoa potato cake on top.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.