If you’re looking for that perfect, effortless fritter, look no further! These yummy fritters are packed to the max with herbs and flavor and the tahini sauce adds a hint of sweetness that just knocks it out of the park. The recipe is quick, affordable, ingredients are simple, and it can be made in bulk. It's also perfect for any season, so you can swap in your favorite greens and herbs.
Herbed Kale Fritters With Citrus Tahini [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the Fritters:
- 2 cups tri-color quinoa, cooked
- 2 scallions
- 5 sprigs parsley, chopped
- 1 cup kale, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon ground flax seeds
- 1 orange, juiced
- Zest of 1 orange, reserve 1 teaspoon
- 1/2 cup vegan Parmesan
- Salt and pepper
For the Tahini Sauce:
- 1/2 cup tahini
- 1/3 cup fresh orange juice
- 1 teaspoon reserved orange zest
- Prep the fritter ingredients by finally chopping the scallions, parsley (remove stems), kale (remove stems), zest orange, and in a large bowl combine the flax seeds with juice from one orange until the consistency is thick and no clumps remain.
- In the large bowl add all the remaining ingredients minus the tahini sauce, season with salt and pepper. Mix well with hands and combine patties into 1 inch thick patties or smaller if you prefer. The fritters should feel slightly damp.
- In a large pan over medium heat, warm 2 teaspoons of oil and work in batches cooking the quinoa patties until golden brown, roughly 4-5 minutes. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate to drain.
- To assemble the sauce combine all of the ingredients and top the patties with it. Garnish with additional parsley or if you're craving a sandwich simply throw them on some buns with fresh greens.