There is a saying that goes, if you build it, they will come. My philosophy with my children and healthy eating is that – If you cook it, they will learn.
Quinoa and Chickpea Salad with Lime and Cilantro [Vegan]
4 - 6
Ingredients You Need for Quinoa and Chickpea Salad with Lime and Cilantro [Vegan]
- 1 cup cooked chickpeas (preferably, homecooked with no salt)
- 1 cup (about 1 large seedless english cucumber), diced cucumber
- 1 red onion, finely diced
- 1 medium-sized tomato, diced (about 3/4 cup)
- 1/3 cup minced, fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh mint
- 3/4 cup cooked quinoa
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon red cayenne pepper
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 11/2 fresh limes
How to Prepare Quinoa and Chickpea Salad with Lime and Cilantro [Vegan]
- Place the chickpeas in the mixing bowl.
- Mix in the cucumber, red onion and tomato and stir well.
- Add in the cilantro and mint and stir in the quinoa.
- In a separate mixing bowl, add in the salt, red cayenne pepper, and extra-virgin olive oil.
- Squeeze in the lime juice and mix well.
- Pour the dressing onto the salad and let the salad rest for 15 minutes before serving.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.