Quick vegan tofu Pad Thai. This delicious Pad Thai is packed with vegetables and made in just about 30 minutes.
Quick Tofu Pad Thai [Vegan]
For the Ingredients:
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1 block extra-firm tofu, cut into cubes
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 2 carrots, cut into ribbons
- 2 cups broccoli, chopped into bite-size florets
- 3 cups bean sprouts
- 1/2 package rice noodles
- Chopped roasted peanuts, for topping
- Sliced green onions, for topping
For the Sauce:
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon corn starch
- 4 garlic cloves, finely minced
- Prepare the sauce: Add all the sauce ingredients to a jar or bowl and whisk together to combine. Set aside.
- Cook the noodles according to the package's instructions. Drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat 1 tablespoon of peanut oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium heat. Add the cubed tofu and cook for 5 minutes or until lightly golden on one side. Flip and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Add the sliced bell peppers, carrots and broccoli. Cook for 8-10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the prepared sauce and the bean sprouts. Cook for another 5 minutes. Add vegetable broth or water to the pan, 1-2 tablespoons at a time if needed to prevent the noodles from sticking to the pan.
- Divide into 4 bowls and top with sliced green onions and crushed peanuts. Enjoy!
This dish is best served immediately. You can still enjoy leftovers, but the noodles may stick together as they cool. You could replace the brown sugar with coconut sugar if preferred.