If you are looking for a healthy dinner to cook in a pinch, then you will love this potato curry recipe. Customize it to your liking by swapping in your favorite curry sauce and adding in whatever other veggies you have lying around! It tastes incredible on its own, over freshly cooked rice, or with some naan bread.
Quick and Easy Authentic Potato Curry [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 5 medium or large potatoes, chopped into cubes
- Handful of fresh spinach, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup of water
- Homemade curry paste/sauce, as needed
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- Peel, wash, and chop the potatoes into small chunks and place them into a large pan along with water. Make sure the water is covering the potatoes. Par-boil for a few minutes until they have softened slightly.
- Once slightly soft, drain the potatoes and pop them into a large pan over medium heat along with 1/4 cup of water, paste or sauce, and salt. Cover with a lid and cook for 10-15 minutes. Add more water if necessary.
- Wash and chop a large handful of spinach and add it to the curry and cook for another 5 minutes.