The vivid color and amazing appearance of these yummy croquettes will have you coming back for seconds just as much as the flavor will! These are sure to be a crowd pleaser.
Purple Sweet Potato Croquettes [Vegan]
- 1/2 pound of purple sweet potatoes
- 1 cup of cooked cannellini beans
- 2 sage leaves
- 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil (plus 1 to brush the croquettes)
- 2 teaspoons of smoked paprika
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 spoon of nutritional yeast (plus 1 to sprinkle the croquettes before baking them)
- 1 large carrot
- 1 large white onion
- 1 small stalk of celery
- 1 bunch of parsley
- 1 fresh rosemary branch
- sea salt to taste
- tamari soy sauce to taste
- pink peppercorn to taste to decorate
- fresh chives to decorate
- corn breadcrumbs to taste
Peel the sweet potatoes and cook steamed by putting them with the sprig of rosemary in the water until they are tender. Mash them with the potato masher and mix the puree in a bowl the chopped parsley.
Prepare a pan with olive oil and smoked paprika and sauté over medium heat, stirring in the celery, carrot and onion adding 1 pinch of salt and 1 tablespoon of water.
After a few minutes add the cannellini beans and leave to cook for a few moments.
Crush the beans with a fork and add to the potatoes.
Let the mixture cool in the refrigerator then season with tamari to taste and 1 spoonful of nutritional yeast. Then add enough bread crumbs to obtain a mixture that can be worked with your hands.
Form the croquettes and place them on a pan on a sheet of parchment paper. Brush with extra virgin olive oil and sprinkle lightly with more nutritional yeast.
Bake in preheated oven at 350°F degrees until golden brown. Let cool and garnish with pink peppercorn and chives.