This recipe is delicious for a comforting meal or dinner. You can accompany it with any type of grain, brown rice is also very good or just more chickpeas. You can innovate and make your own creations!
Pumpkin, Sweet Potato, and Carrot Stew With Quinoa [Vegan]
- 1 cup of quinoa
- 1/2 pumpkin
- 1 large sweet potato
- 3 carrots
- 1 purple onion
- 1 tablespoon of chickpea flour
- 1 cup cooked chickpeas
- 1 13-ounces can of sliced tomatoes
- 13-ounces of vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon of concentrated tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary
- 1 teaspoon of whole-grain sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon herbs de provence
- 4 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- Pepper to taste
- The first thing we are going to do is roast the vegetables, which is what takes the longest. To do this, wash and cut the pumpkin, sweet potato and carrots into cubes and put on a baking tray with two tablespoons of olive oil and the teaspoon of Herbs de Provence. Leave in the oven for about 40 minutes, until all the vegetables have been made.
- Now we have to prepare the quinoa. Put it in a saucepan with two cups of water and when it breaks to boil, lower the heat and let it cook until all the water has been absorbed (15 to 20 min).
- Meanwhile, start cooking the stew sauce. We put two tablespoons of olive oil in a pot to be heated. Cut the onion and add it, and when it is translucent, add the tablespoon of chickpea flour and rosemary and stir well. Add the tomato concentrate, the crushed tomatoes, the sugar and the salt and the vegetable stock and wait for it to boil, then reduce and let it cook over low heat until our vegetables are cooked in the oven. Then we add them and stir, let them integrate well for a couple of minutes.
- Rinse and wash the chickpeas well and add them to our delicious sauce.
- Add the quinoa to the stew. Add a bit of freshly ground pepper and enjoy.