Scones are a classic breakfast goodie that is not always that good. These Fluffy Pumpkin Spice Swirl Scones are tender, light, and fluffy! And they are layered with a sweet spice filling which keeps layers of tender scones separate.
Pumpkin Spice Swirl Scones [Vegan]
What Ingredients Do You Need To Make Pumpkin Spice Swirl Scones [Vegan]
For the Scones:
- 10 Tbsp cold non-dairy butter, cut into approx. 1/4 inch cubes. Be sure to use one that comes in stick form!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 3/4 cup pumpkin puree, not pumpkin pie filling!
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 teaspoons molasses
For the Spice Filling:
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons molasses
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
How To Make Pumpkin Spice Swirl Scones [Vegan]
- Preheat Oven to 425°F. Line a baking tray with parchment.
- In a small bowl, combine the ingredients for the Spice filling with a spoon. Set aside.
- In another small bowl, combine pumpkin, lemon juice, molasses, and vanilla.
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and pumpkin pie spice in a large bowl.
- Add the cubed non-dairy butter into the dry mixture and work the butter into the dry ingredients until the butter is a little smaller than pea-sized and a little larger than a coarse meal.
- Add the pumpkin mixture into the bowl with the flour and butter mixture. Gently fold together just until everything is moist and a shaggy dough forms.
- Turn the scone dough onto a lightly floured surface—pat into a 10×6inch rectangle with the longer side toward you.
- Spread the spiced sugar mixture evenly across the top of the dough, then roll the dough toward you like a cinnamon roll.
- Be sure the seam is on the bottom, then gently pat the log into a 10×6 rectangle.
- Cut the rectangle in half longways, then into 4 pieces across. You should have 8 scones.
- Place the scones onto the parchment-lined baking sheet and bake in a 425°F oven for 18-20 minutes. The scones should be golden brown across the bottoms.
- Serve warm and freeze the leftovers to heat up in the oven or toaster oven.
- Pumpkin Spice
Discover more recipes with these ingredients
Hidden for desktop / visible for mobile