These Vegan Pumpkin Spice Squares are the perfect bite of Fall flavor! These are the perfect balance of sweet and spice, and make a wonderful Fall treat!
Pumpkin Spice Squares [Vegan]
- 1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup vegan butter, room temperature
- 1/2 + 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup pure pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 1 flax egg (1 tbs ground flax + 3 tbs warm water)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 1/2 teaspoon melted vegan butter
- 5-6 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 – 1 1/2 tablespoons dairy free milk
For the Squares:
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Prepare an 8×8 square pan by greasing and/or lining with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, stir together ground flax and warm water. Set aside to thicken.
- In a medium bowl, stir together all dry ingredients (flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt). Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix the butter and brown sugar using a stand or hand mixer until light and fluffy.
- Add the pure pumpkin, flax egg and vanilla extract to the butter/sugar mixture and mix again.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet and stir (by hand) until combined.
- Spread batter into prepped square pan.
- In a small bowl, combine and mix all topping ingredients (sugar, cinnamon and melted butter) and spoon over top of the batter, spreading evenly.
- Bake for 23-27 mins or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool completely before topping with glaze.
For the Glaze:
- Prepare the glaze by combining powdered sugar and dairy-free milk until desired consistency is reached, adding more sugar or milk to thicken or thin the glaze
- Drizzle over cooled squares
- Cut into thirds both ways for 9 larger squares or quarters both ways for 16 smaller squares