These pumpkin pancakes will be the perfect way to wake up on a fall morning! With some protein and a lot of autumnal flavor, you'll be ready to go about your day after getting this nutritious and tasty breakfast.
Pumpkin Sourdough Protein Pancakes [Vegan, Gluten-Free, Refined Sugar-Free]
Ingredients You Need for Pumpkin Sourdough Protein Pancakes [Vegan, Gluten-Free, Refined Sugar-Free]
- 1/4 cup gluten-free sourdough starter
- 1/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup chickpea flour (or any other gluten-free flour)
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1-2 tablespoons maple syrup
In the morning:
- 1 flax egg (1 tablespoon ground flaxseed + 3 tablespoons water)
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin spice
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/4 cup raw cacao nibs (or non-diary chocolate chips)
- A handful of chopped pecans (optional but highly recommended!)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
How to Prepare Pumpkin Sourdough Protein Pancakes [Vegan, Gluten-Free, Refined Sugar-Free]
- The night before making the pancakes, place the overnight sponge ingredients into a non-reactive bowl. Mix well, cover with plastic wrap and let it sit overnight.
- In the morning, before you make the pancakes, add all the other ingredients (except baking powder and baking soda) into the overnight sponge. Stir well.
- Heat a non-stick pan over medium heat.
- Add baking soda and baking powder to the batter and gently stir them in.
- Pour 1/4 cup of the batter onto the pan for each pancake and fry until you see bubbles forming on the surface of the pancakes and the edges dry out a bit, around 1 1/2 minutes.
- Carefully flip the pancakes and fry the other side for another 1 1/2 minutes.
- Continue with the rest of the batter until you have used up all the batter.
- Serve with a sprinkle of cacao powder, cinnamon powder, and maple syrup.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Discover more recipes with these ingredients
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.