This Pumpkin Orange Oatmeal is so cozy and refreshing! Rosemary is one of the most satisfying and attention-grabbing flavors and goes surprisingly well with so many ingredients (especially fruits!). Oh, and it goes crazy well with chocolate. Orange and pumpkin are a good pair, orange and rosemary are a good pair, and rosemary and pumpkin are a good pair. What a fabulous trio!
Pumpkin, Orange, and Rosemary Oatmeal [Vegan]
- 3/4 cup plant-based milk of choice, or water*
- 1/4 cup quick-cook steel cut oats*
- 1 teaspoon finely minced rosemary
- 1/4 cup pumpkin puree
- juice of half an orange
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- 2-4 teaspoons maple syrup (optional)
- Bring milk (you can even do 1/2 cup almond milk and 1/4 cup water) to a boil, add oats and rosemary, and reduce heat to medium.
- After a couple minutes, stir in your pumpkin puree, orange juice, vanilla extract, and salt. Stir occasionally.
- If desired, add maple syrup to taste. The orange adds some sweetness but you'll likely need more.
- When you're pleased with the consistency of the oatmeal, transfer to a bowl.
- Add a splash of your milk of choice and any other additional toppings (nuts, coconut, dried fruit, etc.). Avoid topping with more rosemary as raw rosemary is very tough and not fun to chew.
*You can make this with rolled or quick oats by increasing the liquid to 1 cup and the oats to 1/2 cup.