The orange brightens up this oatmeal. Orange and pumpkin are a good pair, orange and rosemary are a good pair, and rosemary and pumpkin are a good pair. What a fabulous trio! If you’re tired of pumpkin pie or pumpkin spice oatmeal, make this your pumpkin recipe of the season!
Pumpkin, Orange and Rosemary Oatmeal [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Pumpkin, Orange and Rosemary Oatmeal [Vegan]
- 3/4 cup plant milk of choice, or water
- 1/4 cup quick-cook steel cut oats
- 1 teaspoon finely minced rosemary
- 1/4 cup pumpkin puree
- juice of half an orange
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- 2-4 teaspoons maple syrup (optional)
How to Prepare Pumpkin, Orange and Rosemary Oatmeal [Vegan]
- Bring milk (this recipe used 1/2 cup almond milk and 1/4 cup water) to a boil, add oats and rosemary, and reduce heat to medium.
- After a couple minutes, stir in your pumpkin puree, orange juice, vanilla exract, and salt. Stir occasionally.
- If desired, add maple syrup to taste. The orange adds some sweetness but you'll likely need more.
- When you're pleased with the consistency of the oatmeal, transfer to a bowl. Add a splash of your milk of choice and any other additional toppings (nuts, coconut, dried fruit, etc.). Topping with more rosemary is not recommended as raw rosemary is very tough and not fun to chew.
You can make this with rolled or quick oats by increasing the liquid to 1 cup and the oats to 1/2 cup.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Per Serving (no maple syrup): Calories: 208 | Carbs: 32 g | Fat: 6 g | Protein: 7 g | Sodium: 142 mg | Sugar: 3 gNote: The information shown is based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.