This lovely soup is a tasty combination of pumpkin, hearty white beans, kale, and tomatoes! Try it as an appetizer, or as a meal served with crusty bread for dipping.
Pumpkin Minestrone [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 pumpkin
- 1 15-ounce can white beans
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 2 onions, diced
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 15-ounce can diced tomatoes
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 1 large handful kale or chard, chopped
- Parsley, for garnish, chopped
- Peel the pumpkin. Cut in half and remove seeds.
- Peel the onion. Wash celery stalks. Dice pumpkin, onion, and celery.
- Heat a tablespoon of coconut or olive oil. Add the diced vegetables and saute them for about 5 minutes. After about two minutes, add the garlic.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and vegetable broth. Reduce heat and let simmer for about 15 minutes.
- Now, add the beans and the kale/chard. Let simmer for another 5-10 minutes.