Enjoy a hefty scoop of warm pumpkin bread pudding loaded up with fall spiced coconut whipped cream! Raisins are mixed into this recipe for a more classic bread pudding feel. Pumpkin has a way of complimenting so many different additions, so get creative and make this one your own.
Pumpkin Bread Pudding [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
Ingredients You Need for Pumpkin Bread Pudding [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the Bread Pudding:
- 1 1/2 cups soy milk or any milk alternative of your choice
- 2 tablespoons vegan butter
- 2 tablespoons vegan egg replacer
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar or maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1 baked pumpkin bread (recipe below)
For the Whipped Cream:
- 1 can full-fat coconut milk, refrigerated overnight
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Cinnamon for sprinkling
For the Pumpkin Bread:
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 6 tablespoons vegan butter
- 2 tablespoons ground flax seeds
- 6 tablespoons hot water
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup solid pumpkin
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
How to Prepare Pumpkin Bread Pudding [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- Bake and cool your pumpkin bread recipe ahead of time.
- Chop it into 1-inch chunks and place in an 8x8-inch baking dish with the raisins
- Combine the egg replacer with the cold water and whisk smooth.
- Melt the vegan butter and then add it to a mixing bowl with the sugar, cinnamon, cornstarch, and vegan egg paste. Whisk smooth.
- Add the soy milk and whisk everything smooth then pour over the pumpkin bread in the baking dish.
- Bake in water bath in a preheated 350°F oven for 40 minutes.
- The pudding will be set and start to bubble just slightly
- Remove from the oven and cool before serving with coconut whipped cream.
- Be sure to refrigerate the can(s) of coconut milk the night before.
- Scoop the fat from the top of the can and discard the liquid (or use it for smoothies or other recipes).
- Whip it with the sugar and vanilla extract to stiff peaks.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Per Serving: Calories: 434 | Carbs: 57 g | Fat: 22 g | Protein: 5 g | Sodium: 64 mg | Sugar: 31 gNote: The information shown is based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.