Turn those gluten-free vegan pumpkin blondies into your favorite dessert that is free from oils and refined sugar. You’ll only need a food processor and 15 minutes of your time to make this healthy vegan gluten-free recipe.
Pumpkin Blondies [Vegan]
- 2 cans (17oz) unsalted cooked chickpeas
- 2 tablespoons additive-free nut butter
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 6 tablespoons coconut flour
- 2 tablespoons ground chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon mesquite flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger powder
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon cardamom
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/8 teaspoon cloves
- 5 tablespoons date sugar or coconut sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Himalayan salt
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup + 1 tablespoon oat milk
- 7 ounces pumpkin puree or oven baked pumpkin
- 3/4 ounce chopped cacao paste or 1/4 ounce pieces of dark chocolate, chopped (optional)
- If you don’t use ready pumpkin puree, bake the pumpkin in oven 390°F 40-50 minutes for halved pumpkin and 15-20 minutes for pumpkin cubes) or simply steam cubed pumpkin for 10 minutes. There’s no need to puree the pumpkin, as it’ll go into food processor with all the other ingredients anyway.
- When the pumpkin is ready, add all the ingredients into food processor and process until you have homogeneous batter. Scrape sides whenever necessary.
- Finally mix in 3/4 of chopped chocolate or cacao paste.
- Next, take a cake tin, baking pan or a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, and transfer the blondie batter onto the sheet. Now form a circle, square or rectangle that is about 3/4 inch thick, smooth it out with spatula, sprinkle with the remainder of chopped chocolate and bake at 350°F for 35 minutes. Let cool before slicing.