Craving pumpkin? Craving apple? Craving pie? No need to choose! This recipe pulls from all three and gives you a delicious pumpkin apple pie filling filled with melodies of cinnamon, nutmeg, apple, pumpkin and other class autumn flavors!
Pumpkin Apple Pie Filling [Vegan]
- 5 cups sliced apples
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2/3 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- Melt butter in a pan, add in apples and sauté until they are tender but not mush ... a little firmness still there. Turn off heat and add the brown sugar and mix it around the apples.
- In a bowl, mix together the pumpkin puree, maple syrup and the rest of the spices. Add the apple mixture to the pumpkin.
- Now, you are ready to fill your favorite pie crust or top with a yummy oat crisp topping for Pumpkin Apple Crisp. Or, make a little bit of everything like do! Follow the directions of your crisp or pie recipe and enjoy!