Bored of your usual smoothie and want to try something you eat with a spoon? A smoothie bowl is the perfect solution! This smoothie bowl is packed with protein from the yogurt, nut butter, protein powder, and oats. It is so creamy and delicious, and my kids adore it. FODMAP fact: Although raspberries, blueberries, and strawberries are wonderful low-FODMAP berry choices, stay away from blackberries, as they are not low-FODMAP.
Protein-Packed Mixed Fruit Smoothie Bowl [Vegan]
- 1/2 cup (120 g) plain low-FODMAP yogurt (such as coconut yogurt)
- 11/2 tablespoons (23 ml) maple syrup
- 1/2 cup (50 g) frozen or fresh mixed berries (5 blueberries, 7 raspberries, and 3 strawberries)
- 1/3 frozen or fresh banana
- 1 tablespoon (15 g) almond butter
- 1 tablespoon (8 g) gluten-free low-FODMAP protein powder
- 2 tablespoons (10 g) traditional rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds
- Combine the yogurt, maple syrup, berries, banana, almond butter, and protein powder in a blender and blend at high speed for about 1 minute.
- Serve in a bowl topped with the rolled oats and chia seeds.
- TIP: Freeze your blueberries, raspberries, and strawberries in the summertime in resealable bags to always have them ready for smoothies. - Instead of the mixed berries, use 1 cup (140 g) chopped fresh pineapple and sprinkle with toasted coconut in place of the oats. Instant tropical smoothie bowl.