This recipe is perfect if you’re looking for a crispier, less doughy pizza base, or if you simply want to try something different. It’s especially good combined with some roasted vegetables as the topping.
Polenta Pizza [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 cup polenta
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1tsp mixed herbs
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 tbsp tomato puree
- 1/2 cup water
- (Or whichever tomato sauce you prefer)
- Eggplant, zucchini, and other seasonal vegetables
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees C and line a baking/pizza tray with some baking paper. Pour the water into a pan and bring to the boil. Add the polenta and stir until it thickens (about 10 -15 mins). Add the olive oil, salt, pepper and mixed herbs. Let it cool for a minute or so, and then spread it onto the tray. At this point, you could put it in the fridge for about 30 minutes so that it solidifies a bit. Then, bake in the oven for about 15-20 minutes until nice and crisp.
- Meanwhile, boil 1/2 cup water and add 4 tbsps tomato puree to make the sauce. You can add more if you’d prefer it to be thicker.
- Take out the pizza base and spread the tomato sauce over it. Add your toppings, sprinkle with some fresh or dried herbs, and bake for another 10-15 minutes. Perfect served with a fresh salad or even just on its own.