This sorbet is the perfect palate cleanser and shows that fresh fruits and floral essences go hand in hand. When using floral essential oils, it is very important that they are pure food grade extracts, rather than cheaper, non-pure forms.
Pineapple Sorbet with Rose [Vegan]
- 5 cups fresh pineapple, cubed
- 5 tablespoons agave
- 3 drops pure essential rose oil
- Before you start the ice cream, make sure the bowl of your ice cream maker is completely frozen. Place an empty container to hold the finished ice cream in the freezer to chill.
- Combine the pineapple, agave and oil in a high–speed blender. Blend on high until completely smooth.
- Transfer to the refrigerator and chill or at least 2 to 3 hours or overnight, until very cold.
- Turn the ice cream machine on and pour the pineapple mixture into the frozen ice cream insert. Let the machine run for about 30 to 40 minutes. Time will depend on your machine, so be sure to check the manufacturer’s directions.
- When done, the sorbet should have a soft, creamy texture. If a firmer texture is desired, transfer the sorbet to an airtight container and place in a freezer until hard, about 2 to 3 hours.
- Once frozen, you may need to let the sorbet sit for a few minutes at room temperature to soften before serving.
- Scoop into bowls and enjoy as is or garnish with a brunoise (small dice) of fresh or roasted pineapple, if desired.
- Note, sorbet can be made up to 3 days ahead and kept frozen until ready to serve.
Hidden for desktop / visible for mobile