Pineapples and caramelized tofu makes this stir-fry even more interesting than your ordinary stir-fry. A perfect dinner for summer, or for any occasion you're craving some fresh veggies!
Pineapple and Cashew Stir Fry with Caramelized Tofu [Vegan]
- 8.8-ounces brown rice (or vegan noodles)
- 4 spring onions (chopped)
- 3 1/2 ounces cashew nuts
- 3 1/2 ounces sweet corn
- 2 peppers, sliced
- 2 carrots, chopped
- Can of pineapple chunks, save the juice
- 4.4-ounces firm tofu
- Extra virgin olive oil for frying
- Soy sauce
- Cook the rice (or noodles) as directed on the packet then set aside in a large bowl.
- Cut the tofu into thin slices and microwave for about 7 minutes to remove the moisture (make sure the pieces aren’t touching each other or they’ll stick together).
- When the tofu is done, pour half of the pineapple juice on top and 1 tbsp. of soy sauce, leave to marinate for 4-5 minutes.
- Dry-fry the cashew nuts in a frying pan until golden then add to the bowl where the race is (or will be).
- Add 1 tsp. of olive oil to a frying pan the add the carrots and peppers, then after a few minutes add the spring onions sweetcorn and pineapple chunks – fry until golden.
- When the veg is cooked, add to the rice in the bowl (and mix).
- Then, add another tsp. of olive oil to the pan and add the tofu, fry for a couple of minutes then pour in half of the remaining pineapple juice (and marinade if any is left) to caramelize it.
- Leave it for a few minutes until crispy then flip to the other side and add the rest of the pineapple juice and repeat.
- Then add the tofu to the rice, serve and enjoy!