These pineapple cinnamon tea cookies are a favorite of mine. They are a real crowd pleaser and you don’t even need a lot of ingredients to make them. This recipe is great because it can easily be used to make cakes, muffins or even cake pops. WARNING: Lots of sugary goodness ahead!
Pineapple and Cinnamon Tea Cookies [Vegan]
- 3 pineapple slices
- 2 tbsp agave syrup
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 2 ounces vegan butter
- 2 ounces sugar
- 2 ounces all purpose flour
- 1/2 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp egg replacer
- dash of coconut shavings
- 1 tbsp dry green tea (optional)
- Preheat the oven at 350 degrees.
- Cut the pineapple into small pieces. In a bowl, mix together the agave syrup, pineapple and cinnamon. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, prepare the cake batter using the flour, butter, coconut, sugar, baking powder and egg substitute. Before adding the egg replacer, double check the instructions on the box. If you wish , you can also throw in some macha powder for some extra flavor.
- Grab your tray or a silicone cake pop mold. Fill each hole with cake batter, and top off with pineapple bits. Make sure each hole is not filled to the brim as the batter will rise during baking.
- Bake in oven for approx. 25 minutes.
- When ready, set aside to cool for 5 minutes. Dust with confectioners’ sugar before serving (optional).