This perilla leaf kimchi can be made quickly and easily and tastes robust, spicy, and earthy. One bite and you’ll be going back for more! All you need are beautiful, velvety perilla leaves and 8 simple pantry ingredients to make this kimchi. It comes together in 10 minutes and can be enjoyed refrigerated for up to one month.
Perilla Leaf Kimchi [Vegan, Grain-Free]
Ingredients You Need for Perilla Leaf Kimchi [Vegan, Grain-Free]
- 40 perilla leaves, carefully rinse and pat dry (see notes)
- 2 tablespoons gochugaru (see notes)
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce or tamari
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic (about 2 cloves)
- 1/2 cup chopped scallions
- 1/4 cup carrots, julienned
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup asian pear, puréed
How to Prepare Perilla Leaf Kimchi [Vegan, Grain-Free]
- Individually rinse and pat dry each perilla leaf.
- Purée asian pear in mini food processor.
- Mix together kimchi sauce ingredients: gochugaru, soy sauce or tamari, garlic, scallions, carrots, sugar, sesame seeds, and asian pear purée.
- Pour a little sauce (approximately 1-2 teaspoons) on every other perilla leaf and stack with stems aligned.
- Enjoy immediately with cooked rice or store in sealed container in refrigerator up to one month.
These ingredients can be found in Asian grocery stores.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Discover more recipes with these ingredients
Total Calories: 283 | Total Carbs: 42 g | Total Fat: 7 g | Total Protein: 16 g | Total Sodium: 3151 g | Total Sugar: 19 gNote: The information shown is based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.