These pecan-crusted zucchini will be your new favorite side. It is a crunchy, flavorful Italian-inspired delight to add to your table, without gluten or grains. Full of heart healthy coconut oil, pecans, garlic, basil, and oregano, your family and friends will definitely come back for more.
Pecan Crusted Zucchini [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 3 medium zucchini
- 3 medium yellow squash
- 1/2 cup ground, raw pecans
- 1/2-1 teaspoon Himalayan pink salt or Celtic salt
- 2 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Using a food processor with a slice blade or a mandolin slicer, slice the zucchini and squash into 1/4-1/2-inch slices.
- Grease the bottom of a large skillet with 1 tablespoon of coconut oil.
- Make one layer of zucchini on the bottom of the skillet and sprinkle with salt, garlic, basil, oregano, pecans, and nutritional yeast. Pour 1 teaspoon of coconut oil over that layer. Then, make a layer of yellow squash over that in the same manner. Continue to make layers of alternating zucchini and yellow summer squash and sprinkling each layer with the seasonings until all of your ingredients are used us, or until the pan is full.
- Pour the remaining toppings over the top of the layers and bake at 400°F for 30 minutes.