A nutty, delicious brownies, with a hidden secret inside. Full of healthy fats from nuts and flavors from prunes and pears!
Fudgy Pear and Walnut Brownies [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 and 1/2-ounces dried prunes soaked in 1 cup of boiling water for 10 minutes
- 3 and 1/2-ounces vegan dark chocolate, broken up into pieces
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 5-ounces brown rice flour
- 1 and 1/2 -ounces coconut sugar or stevia
- 2 tablespoons cacao or cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 3 and 1/2-ounces almond milk
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 pears, peeled, cored and diced
- 2-ounces walnut pieces
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and grease and line a 9-inch by 9-inch baking tin.
- Place the soaked prunes and their water in a food processor or blender and whizz up until smooth.
- Gently melt the chocolate and coconut oil then allow to cool a little.
- Add to the blender/food processor and whizz up again.
- Mix together the flour, sugar/stevia, cacao/cocoa and bicarb of soda in a bowl. Pour in the prune chocolate mixture along with the almond milk, vinegar and vanilla and mix to combine. Fold in the pears and walnuts.
- Spread evenly into the tin and smooth out evenly. Bake for 25 minutes until firmed up and leave to cool in the tin. Cut into 9-12 pieces then enjoy!