Bright, colourful and utterly delicious, this pasta salad is not your regular pasta recipe.
Pear and Radish Basil Pesto [Vegan]
For the Pasta Salad:
- 17 oz (500 g) – bow tie pasta (vegan & gluten-free) *use preferred pasta
- 1 cup – fresh organic basil leaves
- 1/2 cup (70 g) – org raw pumpkin seeds (pre soak) *See Tip #1
- 1/4 cup – organic cold-pressed olive oil
- 2 – med size org garlic cloves
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) – coconut aminos
- 1/2 teaspoon (2 g) – salt (Himalayan or Celtic)
For the Side Veggies:
- 2 – fresh organic pears
- 6-8 (1 bunch approx) – radishes Extra pumpkin seeds for topping (optional)
- Soak pumpkin seeds in filtered cold water for 30 min previously to preparing the pesto (or soak overnight and keep refrigerated until ready to use). Rinse seeds with fresh water after removing the soak water.
- Boil the pasta according to the instructions/ type of used pasta. Once cooked, remove and drain pasta in a colander, and run cold water on top. Add a drizzle of olive oil and mix slightly. Set aside.
- In a high-speed blender, add the following ingredients: - soaked pumpkin seeds - basil leaves (cleaned) - olive oil - garlic cloves (roughly chopped) - coconut aminos - salt Start blending at low speed until all ingredients will start mixing and gradually increase the speed to high. Stop and scrape sides as necessary.
- The basil pesto should be ready in max 2 minutes. Clean and dry pears and radishes. Slice radishes and pears, thinly, or as preferred.
- Add the cooked pasta into a large bowl. Pour half of the basil pesto sauce and stir together, mixing the sauce into the pasta. Add the remaining pesto and gently incorporate, then add sliced radishes and pears. Stir slightly. Ready to plate!