Bursting with flavour and coated in a tasty peanut butter sauce, this vegan stir-fry avoids excessive saturates and sugars found in many takeaway dishes! Tofu is such a great source of protein and when paired with the black bean spaghetti and peanut sauce you get a whopping 30g of Protein with this meal. It's the perfect heathy alternative and doesn't sacrifice any of the flavour. Everyone at the dinner table will want seconds of this peanut tofu stir-fry!
Peanut Tofu Stir-Fry [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil (plus extra for frying)
- 3 1/2 ounces tofu
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and chopped
- 1 handful tenderstem broccoli, chopped into bite-size pieces (about 3 or 4 per stalk)
- 1 red pepper
- 1 handful of spinach
- 7/8 ounces peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon tamari
- half a Lime
- 4–6 tablespoons almond milk
- 1 3/4 ounces uncooked black bean spaghetti
- Chop the tofu into bite sized chunks and either place in the air fryer at 350 degrees fahrenheit for 13 minutes or cook in the oven on a sheet of baking paper for 20 minutes
- Cook the noodles according to the pack instructions, then drain and rinse under cold water to stop them cooking further.
- Meanwhile, put a pan over a medium heat and add a drizzle of sesame oil. Once warm, add the chilli, mushrooms and red pepper and cook for 5–10 min until they’re soft. Add the broccoli and cook for a further 5 min.
- Once the vegetables have softened, but still have some bite, add the peanut butter, maple syrup, tamari, juice of lime and almond milk to the pan and stir, coating the vegetables and creating a simple sauce. Add the handful of Spinach.
- Let the vegetables simmer in the sauce for 1 min or so, warming it through, then stir through the drained noodles and serve with the tofu on top