These bars are gluten-free and vegan! The filling is so good and creamy. You can tastes the coconut as well as the peanut butter and they complement each other decadently. The topping is simple yet puts everything together.
Peanut Butter Ice Cream Bars [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the Base:
- 1 cup oats (gluten-free if necessary)
- 1/3 cup shredded coconut
- 12 dates, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
For the Filling:
- 1 can of coconut cream, chilled
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
For the Topping:
- 1 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- Prepare a 9x5-inch baking dish with wax paper on the bottom, set aside.
- Put all of the base ingredients into a food processor and blend until a dough forms.
- Press dough into the baking dish and then leave this to set in the refrigerator.
- Beat together all of the filling ingredients until fluffy and combined. Pour this mixture over the base and then put it into the freezer to set or about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the topping. Place coconut oil in a microwavable dish and microwave for about 30 seconds until it has melted. Add in the cocoa powder and maple syrup and mix until smooth.
- Drizzle the topping all over the filling and then place it back into the freezer for a few hours until everything has hardened.
- Take pan out of the refrigerator and carefully remove it from the dish while frozen than cut into squares.
- Leave the bars out for a few minutes to softened then serve.
- Bars can be stored in a container in the freezer.