Fluffy peanut butter muffins embedded with a gooey dark chocolate peanut butter cup. A peanut butter and chocolate lovers dream.
Peanut Butter Cup Muffins [Vegan]
For the Muffins:
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 1/2 cups non-dairy milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 10 mini dark chocolate peanut butter cups
For the Peanut Butter Frosting:
- 2 tablespoons room temperature vegan butter
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons non-dairy milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a muffin tin with muffin liners.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together peanut butter, non-dairy milk, and vanilla until creamy. Add flour, baking soda and powder, spices, and salt. Use a wooden spoon or spatula to stir batter until combined and no flour is visible. Use a cookie scoop to fill each muffin liner ½ full. Press one peanut butter cup into the center and top with 1 tablespoon muffin batter making sure the chocolate is completely covered.
- Bake muffins for 25 minutes. Transfer to a wire cooling rack to cool completely before frosting, if desired.