This is a fun, and super easy, recipe that kids and easily prepare. It’s also a lovely cool treat as you store in the freezer or fridge. Sweet, salty, chocolatey perfection. These are wonderful for parties, BBQ’s, a foodie treat for a friend –whatever or whenever you need a treat. They store nicely in an airtight container for weeks on end (esp. in the freezer).
Peanut Butter Chocolate Bars [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the Crust:
- 2 cups of unsalted peanuts
- 1/4 cup of melted coconut oil (use triple filtered if you don't want a coconut flavor)
- 1/4 cup of maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon of Himalayan sea salt
For the Chocolate Peanut Butter Layer:
- 7 ounces of vegan chocolate, chopped
- 1/3 cup of maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 cup of smooth peanut butter
- Salt for topping (optional)
To Make the Crust:
- Place the nuts into a food processor and pulse down to a fine crumble (avoid over-blending or it will turn to peanut butter).
- Then add your oil, syrup and salt. Blend until it's a bit crumbly but combined.
- Line your 8×8-inch pan with parchment (use chip clips to help keep it in place).
- Add your peanut mixture and press that down evenly. Place that in the freezer to chill while you make the chocolate mixture.
To Make the Chocolate Peanut Butter Layer:
- Melt your chocolate over a double boiler or use a microwave safe bowl in the microwave. Once melted, add syrup and vanilla. Whisk to combine. Once incorporated, then add the peanut butter and whisk to combine nicely. The texture will resemble a thick icing.
- Add the chocolatey layer to the top of the chilled peanut base. Spread evenly throughout. Top with course salt if desired and return to the freezer for 2 additional hours.
- Once chilled through, remove by lifting the overhanging edges of the parchment paper and place on a cutting board.
- Store in the freezer or refrigerator.
- Peanut Butter