Golden milk, turmeric juice, hot toddys, and turmeric lattes are popping up in juice cafes, coffee shops, and grocery stores. However, if you want something more on the refreshing side, this milkshake is chock full of all sorts of good-for-you ingredients from turmeric to apricots, avocado, dates, cinnamon, and coconut milk. Not to mention the delicious peanut butter caramel ribbon drizzled in. Yum!
Peanut Butter Caramel Ribbon Golden Milkshake [Vegan]
For the Milkshake:
- 1 cup non-dairy milk
- 2 small pitted and chopped apricots, ideally frozen
- 6 coconut milk ice cubes
- 1/2 of 1 avocado, ideally frozen
- 2 pitted Medjool dates
- 2 tablespoons natural peanut butter
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla bean or vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons peanut butter, to coat glass (optional)
For the Peanut Butter Caramel:
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon water
- Blend all milkshake ingredients in the blender until smooth.
- Whisk ingredients together in a small saucepan over medium heat until smooth. Remove from heat immediately.
- Use a spoon or a knife to spread around about 1/2 of the peanut butter caramel on the inside of each glass. Spread 1 teaspoon of peanut butter in each glass with a spoon or knife and swirl in with caramel.
- Add 1 tablespoon of water to remaining peanut butter caramel mixture and whisk until smooth.
- Fill each glass to the top and drizzle with peanut butter caramel.
- Dust with cinnamon. Serve.