Peanut butter and jelly — a magical combo that reminds most people of their childhood. These fudge bites are a twist on the classic sandwich, made with a handful of wholesome ingredients and no refined sugar. You can substitute the peanut butter with almond butter, sunflower seed butter, or any other nut/seed butter of your choice.
Peanut Butter and Jelly Fudge Bites [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the Peanut Butter Fudge:
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- A pinch of unrefined sea salt
For the Jelly Topping:
- 1 cup raspberries
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
To Make the Peanut Butter Fudge:
- Melt coconut oil in small pot over low heat if it’s solid. Add the peanut butter and stir until it melts into a runny mixture. Remove from heat, add maple syrup and sea salt.
- Pour the peanut butter mixture into a lined muffin tin and fill each cup about 2/3 way up. Transfer to the freezer for the fudge to set (about 30 minutes).
To Make the Jelly Topping:
- Add raspberries to the small pot over medium-low heat. Stir a few times and let the berries simmer until they get soft and mushy. Remove from heat and mix in the chia seeds to thicken the jelly. Add maple syrup and lemon juice, taste test, and let it cool down to room temperature.
- Take the muffin tin out of the freezer and fill up the cups with the jelly topping. Transfer back to the freezer or refrigerator for the jelly to set. This usually takes 1 hour if left in the freezer and about 2 hours if stored in the refrigerator.