If you haven't tried chia jam, you are missing out! It is so incredibly easy to make, with no canning required. This seasonal jam combines the natural sweetness of ripe, juicy peaches with the distinct floral notes of lavender. It's excellent on toast, but a spoonful is also sure to hit the spot.
Peach and Lavender Chia Jam [Vegan]
- 3 large fresh ripe peaches, chopped (about 3 cups)
- 2 tablespoons dried culinary lavender
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chia seeds
- Place lavender in cheesecloth or a tea sachet and tie a knot at the top.
- Place chopped peaches and lavender sachet in a medium saucepan. Cook on medium-high, stirring occasionally, until peaches soften, release their juices, and come to a boil, about 10 minutes or so.
- Reduce heat to low. Mash peaches with a potato masher until desired consistency is reached, being careful not to break open the lavender sachet. Add chia seeds and cook until thickened, stirring often, about 10-15 minutes.
- Press the lavender sachet against the side of the pot with a spoon to squeeze all the juices out and then remove the lavender sachet.
- If you prefer a smooth jam, simply blend peach mixture in a blender or food processor until smooth.
- Store jam in the refrigerator. Will keep for about a week.
Makes a little over 1 cup of jam. If you like your jam a little sweeter, you can add sweetener to taste.