Fresh Peach and Ginger Scones make the perfect small baked treat for brunch. Delicious and easy to make!
Peach Ginger Scones [Vegan]
- 2 cups spelt flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons frozen coconut butter
- 1 peach, diced into small pieces and frozen, about a cup’s worth
- 1/4 – 1/2 cup chopped sugared ginger
- 1 container vegan yogurt [6-ounces] + 2-ounces of non-dairy milk [or water]
- Preheat oven to 425°F
- Sift flour, baking powder, salt & sugar into food processor, process for 6 seconds to combine. add in the frozen coconut oil, process for another 12 seconds. transfer mixture to into a big bowl.
- Add in the thinned out vegan yogurt and mix until dough forms. then add in the peaches and ginger pieces, mixing gently, try not to overmix.
- Dump it on a clean counter. there is no saying this pretty: it’s a mess. Use a dough scraper to keep things together, form a circle or rectangle and cut into desired shapes. Cut in to triangles and then cut with round biscuit cutters. work quickly, coconut oil has a very low melting point so do what you can to not keep it out too long, or handle with your hands as your body temp will soften/melt the oil.
- Bake on cookie sheet for 20-23 minutes.
If baked for as low as 13 minutes, the cookies can come out super soft and cake like, and then if baked upwards of 23 minutes, they may come out dryer and crisper. You can top the cookies with a simple glaze after they’ve cooled, or you can sprinkle these with sugar prior to putting in the oven. They come out looking super rustic.