These quick no-bake peanut butter and chocolate protein bars, and their flourless, vegan, gluten-free and high in plant-based protein. Also, totally delish!!!
PB & Chocolate No-Bake Protein Bars [Vegan]
- 2 tablespoons ground chia
- 2 tablespoons ground flax
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 1/2 cups quick oats
- 1/2 cup raw almonds
- 1 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1/4 cup vanilla protein powder
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons brown rice syrup
- 1 cup smooth peanut butter - not natural peanut butter
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate
- 1 teaspoon refined coconut oil
- In a small bowl, mix together chia, flaxseed and water. Mix well and set aside.
- In a food processor, add oats, almonds, coconut, protein powder and sea salt. Pulse until almonds and oats are ground into a chunky, flour-like texture.
- Add chia/flax mix, vanilla, agave and peanut butter to processor. Pulse until all ingredients are well blended together.
- In a lightly greased 13X9 cake pan or baking dish (I used my lasagna dish), add dough and press firmly and evenly into the dish. Chill for 15-20 minutes.
- While dish is chilling, melt chocolate and oil in a double boiler (or microwave) and stir well.
- Drizzle chocolate over chilled bars and allow to set before cutting into desired size/shape.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge.